Monday, June 10, 2013

Believe In Yourself Again

We should live our life with purpose and have a deep and assured knowing that we are meant to achieve greatness with our life.  We must always remember and keep in mind that God does not create anything without a plan and purpose behind it.  We must believe in ourselves as God believes in us and when we do nothing shall be impossible to us.  It is easy to tell someone that they are meant to achieve great things in life, but if they don't believe it for themselves then the victory has already been taken away from them.  We must see our life as meaningful and full of potential.  We must let go of our past failures, setbacks and shortfalls and know that a new beginning is always available with God. (Jeremiah 1:4-5) (Psalm 139:14-18) (Matthew 17:20)

For me it has never been difficult to believe that greatness was within me.  Confidence in myself was never lacking, but when I became paralyzed in a boating accident in 1996, all my confidence and assurance of greatness was taken away in a split second.  My secured and sure future was completely changed in that moment and all I knew soon after that accident was uncertainty.  I became uncertain of my ability and of my future.  I didn't know how my life would be beneficial to myself and to others.  Thankfully all of that changed when Jesus entered into my life.  Hope was restored.  Confidence was returned.  My future was eternally secured and a gift of encouragement was imparted into my life that was to be used to encourage and inspire others around the world to believe in themselves again as God believes in them. (John 15:5) (Isaiah 40:28-31)

We must nurture a belief that we are not our past.  We are not defined by our failures and setbacks.  We can however use our past for our benefit today and in our tomorrow's to come.  The lessons we learned that made us better, wiser and stronger serve a purpose to not repeat the past, but become better because of it.  What I have learned about overcoming is that just as a plant needs water to survive so to our life needs to receive nourishment.  We must have a deep knowing that we are worthy and well able to make a difference in our own life and in the lives of others. (2 Corinthians 5:17) (Jeremiah 1:6-9) (Ezekiel 18:30-32)

No matter what you have gone through; no matter your failures or setbacks, no matter your trials and tribulations, you can rise up again.  You can make a difference in this world.  You can teach what you have learned, you can encourage others in their discouragement, you can inspire someone else to know that a new beginning is always possible with God.  Using your life to make a difference in the lives of others will leave a legacy that will live on long after you are gone.  Believe in yourself.  Nurture the gifts within you.  Try again even if you don't feel like it.  When you do you will see your life reach heights you never thought possible.  I know this truth because I try my best to do it each and every day. (Ezekiel 11:19-20) (Psalm 103:10-14)

–Dwayne

No comments:

Post a Comment